Monday, July 2, 2012

Two Tone Nails & I'm a Half Marathon Finisher!!

Hey guys! How are you all? I am very very very very sore! My entire body is super sore because my boyfriend and I ran the Gold Coast half marathon (21km) yesterday! It was very very hard but I made it all the way in 2 hours and 18.30 minutes and i'm super proud of myself!

Today I was going to buy a nice peach colour by Essie I saw at Myer the other day, but when I went back, I couldn't find it on the stand! Boo. Anyway I decided to do a two tone nail. I used two different colours; China Glaze - For Audrey, a really gorgeous tiffany blue creme, and OPI - Mod About You, my favourite pastel pink creme. Both applied gorgeously and I only used 1 coat on each nail. Firstly I stuck some striping tape diagonally onto my nail and painted the bottom half with For Audrey and the top half with Mod About You and carefully peeled the tape off. I then applied 1 coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast.

I was going to use my glitter striper to fill the gap in the middle, but I actually preferred it without and liked the distinct separation between the two colours. This reminds me of an ice cream van or something from a Katy Perry film clip lol :)




I think this mani looks better from afar but I still think it is really really cute! What does this mani remind you of?

And here's a pic of me after the marathon, looking worse for wear but still standing (...just!)

Thanks for reading!!

8 comments:

  1. congrats on the run! this is uber adorable..as are you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, you are so good, congratulations!!
    And the mani is simply gorgeous, I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaz of ParisianBlueSkyJuly 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM

    Wow, they are really gorgeous! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww shucks, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the mani, and congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete