Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Artsy Wednesday - Galaxy Nails

Hi everyone! Today's Artsy Wednesday theme is Galaxy nails! I used the tutorial from Tales About Nails here which is super simple and great to nail galaxy nails first go! I painted all my nails with 1 coat of OPI - Nail Envy followed by 2 coats of OPI - Black Onyx.
The colours I sponged on (in order) were: Bloom - Yellow, OPI - Fiercely Fiona (off pastel yellow), OPI - Unforgretably-blue (blue shimmer), OPI - Japanese Rose Garden (rose shimmer), OPI - Melon Of Troy (orange shimmer), OPI - Fiercely Fiona, and I finished it off with 1 coat of China Glaze - Techno (used as a substitute to painting white stars, the large hex glitters worked so well with the look!)




I think I sponged on a little too much yellow, but to be honest I really really liked how it turned out! I will definitely be trying this again :)

Thanks for reading :-) Also, make sure you check out the other ladies part of Artsy Wednesday right here!

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Catrine - Unnaked Nails
Jessica - Beauty Gnome
Emily - AnAccentNail
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Look at that star shine on your middle finger on the first photo - really lovely galaxy mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow beautiful! I love the yellow sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alanna PrettyPurplePolishSeptember 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM

    The hex glitters make great stars. Good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Techno works great on this, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a whole lotta OPI love going on there! fab mel xxx

    ReplyDelete