Sunday, July 27, 2014

Dusty Girls Natural Mineral Makeup Review

Hey everyone! How are you going? Today I have some make up to show you from the brand Dusty Girls which is a natural mineral make up company that uses clay and minerals from the earth to improve skintone. It is farmed by the brand MooGoo, that also has many skincare products available for skin that is prone to problems or sensitive. I'm very intruiged by this make up line so let's have a look at the products I received!


Dusty Girls - Natural Mineral Foundation SPF15 in the shade "Fair Minerals with Sunset Tones" (RRP $29.00 available online here) and Kabuki Brush (RRP $12.50, available online here) - I was very excited to try a powder foundation as i've only had the chance to try liquids and find they can look very cakey and unnatural. When I first tried the powder foundation it was very subtle and needed a few layers for it to even out my skintone. I applied it using the super soft Kabuki brush which is the perfect size for the face. I wore the foundation all day and it stayed really well and didn't cause any breakouts! One thing I don't like about this product is, because of the SPF, when it photographs you can see a white cast on your face (see below). But this is a minor problem for me!
White cast most visible on cheeks and around nose area
Dusty Girls Natural Mineral Mascara in the shade "Night Fall (RRP $18.50, available online here) and Natural Mineral Lip Gloss in the shade "Sun Shower" (RRP $14.50, available online here). Ever since I ran out of my holy grail everyday mascara I was on the search for a new one, and now I have! This jet black mascara gives you beautiful, natural looking eyelashes but makes them look so much darker. It has a really nice formula and did not cause any irritations when using it! The mineral lip gloss in the shade sun shower is pretty much a clear gloss with a very subtle wash of coral that brightens up your lips. It is super moisturising for a gloss and will be perfect over matte lipsticks to give them a nice shiny finish!

Left Eye: No Mascara    Right Eye: 1 coat of Mascara
1 coat of gloss over bare lips
Have you tried this brand out? Let me know if you do and what your thoughts are of it! Thanks for reading and speak soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment