Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lay It On Me - Holographic Collection + Kleancolor - BLACK CHUNKY HOLO

Hi everybody!! Today I am happy because 2 good things happened!
1. I finally found whiskers for my tigger costume on the weekend (It sounds like it wouldn't be hard to find, oh but it was!)
2. I found a beauty trade supplies store (Glama co) that is 10 minutes away from me and sells very cool stuff like CHINA GLAZE and ORLY! I have only succeeded on finding OPI and Essie in stores so this is a big relief!

When I went shopping at Glama co I found this interesting brand of nail polishes called Lay It On Me. . .basically all these colours had 3 different colours in the bottle, stacked on top of each other like oil floating in water. I was really intrigued to give it a go so I bought one. Here are some swatches! The colour code says "Holographic Collection" - that caught me deffinitely!





 Eeeeekkkkk! I do not like this colour at all! I thought it would turn out really cool but I only slightly managed to get pink accents in the coats which is a pity :-(

I had to try and transform this vomit colour into something decent so I decided to layer Kleancolor - Chunky Holo Black over the top! Yay!!

Hallelujah! It made it much nicer! I actually really like how it turned out. a semi transparent (no VNL) cargo green with pink shimmer reflectives and then the gorgeous auburn and green hexagon pieces! I like it.

I am also trying a new top coat out by Orly called "Glosser" I like it so far! :-D






It has a bit more grey tone in this due to the chunky holo black's sheerness of two coats.
I really really like this combination. . it's really different to what I usually lean to!

I have a really cute TIGGER themed nail post coming! Stay tuned and ALSO don't forget to enter my giveaway here!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your opinions :-) Love Mel!

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, vomit color, but so true :) Thats a very perculiar polish, I never saw anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really interesting polish. It looks great with the Chunky Holo over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So if you dont like the green shade of the layered polish - wouldnt hurt to give that sucker a good shake and see what comes out now..? I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also curious. . I will definitely give it a go soon!

      Delete