Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Artsy Wednesday - Saran Wrap/Cling Wrap Nails

Heeeeeyyyyyy guys! So today's AW theme is Saran Wrap, by now most of you would have seen this interesting technique! (my favourite one is here by Katy @ blognailedit) Well I have actually tried this technique once before and I failed. . . and here I try it again with a clean canvas and high hopes....yet I fail again!!! I don't know what it is, but I can't get it to look like all the photos i've been seeing, I really dislike when that happens! The colours I used were 2 coats of China Glaze - Loves A Beach and 1 thin coat of OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls and scrunched up little pieces of glad wrap to remove some of the white polish. I didn't add a topcoat with this look.


It doesn't look awful, but I just wasn't a big fan to be honest! What do you think? Any tips to give me?
Make sure to check out the other talented ladies for this weeks Artsy Wednesday!

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Tif - Polished Genius 
Catrine - Unnaked Nails
Jessica - Beauty Gnome
Emily - AnAccentNail
Ameerah - Valiantly Varnished  

 And make sure to enter my giveaway to win a $30AUD gift voucher to Beautybay.com!! :-D

12 comments:

  1. I love saran wrap it's so versatile and you can try as many colors as you want

    ReplyDelete
  2. GlitterInfatuation JazzOctober 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM

    I think it might look even better if you used more then one colour to give it a little bit more of a texturized look but it does look lovely!


    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks fine..like a pink sky with clouds

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it!!! I've got to try Saran Wrap nails soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pink and white look so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alanna PrettyPurplePolishOctober 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM

    I did mine slightly different, I dipped the cling wrap in some polish and sponged it on rather then using it to sponge polish off the nail, it was pretty easy. I think this combination looks great though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually really love it! It looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohhh, pretty! I'll definitely try this soon. Thanks for sharing!
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't mastered cling wrap yet... have to try again! I quite like this though, it looks like clouds :)

    ReplyDelete