Thursday, April 19, 2012

Artsy Wednesday - Flowers!

Today's theme for Artsy Wednesday is. . . . FLOWERS!

I was going to do my favourite flowers, which are daffodil's and lavender. . . but i've decided to use inspiration from my room! I bought a beautiful piece of artwork off ebay almost 2 years ago and I love it. . it's right above my bed and makes my room feel so colourful and a happy place to be!

It is hand painted and no other canvas is the same as it is made especially when ordered. It is a mixture of swirling colours of blue, green, pink, white and yellow with a beautiful branch full of blooming and open cherry blossom flowers.

So! For this manicure. . i kept it a little simpler than the painting. . I did 2 coats of Revlon White on White followed by Suzi Loves Cowboys by OPI for the rich tree branch and then I used In My Back Pocket by OPI for the flower petals and then I used dark pink diamontes for the middle of the flowers. All followed by 1 thick coat of SV.










What do you think? Pretty like a cherry blossom? I like this but I do admit i'm an amateur nail artist! I'll get better with practice and better utensils!

Make sure you enter my giveaway here!!

Don't forget to check out these lovely ladies and their pretty designs!

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Holly - Hooked
Lyndsey - Nails by Ms. Lizard 
 Sofie - Swaafie 
Catrine - Unnaked Nails 
Jessica - Beauty Gnome 

Thanks for reading. Love Mel.

7 comments:

  1. Ahhhh veyr cute & girlie! Love the colours used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is amazing and now you have nails to match! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty nails, that canvas is amazing! Cherry blossoms are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and girly, I have to agree with LabMuffin, the canvas is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that canvas is v pretty as too is ur mani! cherry blossoms have been a definite theme this week! :)) love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. amzinnngggg!!!! great photos I LIKE IT!!!! ;O)))) i found your blog, i follow you, i hope you follow me back (if you like me blog) big kisses from germany ;****

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done such a good job with this! xx

    ReplyDelete